Tuesday, August 11, 2009

American Carrot Cake...

First of all, I've finished Wilton Course 4, but my cake didn't work at class and I couldn't finish it. I have to make it again, but I still didn't. I made my first American carrot cake and I liked it. Specially because this one is GLUTEN FREE and my husband and I are surprised with it. It tastes just like the "regular" carrot cake: delicious!! However, next time I'll make it, I won't fill it. There's no need for it in my opinion. The cake has a particular taste that doesn't need to be distracted by the icing filling, just like any other carrot cake. Some day I'll make the Brazilian Carrot cake, just to register and it's as good as the American version, but very different.
I do have to practice a lot how to icing a cake. I still don't get it. It's always full of mistakes grrrrr. I like so much to cover the cake with fondant because it looks so much nicer lolol.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

essa massa ficou estranha ....
parece q tem umas ervilhas no meio, hehe
carrot cake brasileiro é the best ! sem esses cremes gordurentos em cima hehe
C.

Miss Apple said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Apple said...

Q mane ervilha ow, sao nozes :P, quando assa fica diferente mesmo e a massa eh estranha pq td mundo tem a ideia de bolo de cenoura brasileiro :P eu tb estranhei a primeira vez q vi, mas eu concordo sobre o creme, sem o recheio e cobertura esse bolo eh ainda melhor (sim pq eu adoro esse bolo), e tb adoro o de cenoura brasileiro rs mas fazer o que, eu estou aqui, tenho que saber e vender coisas daqui tambem :)

Miss Apple said...

PS: eu deletei meu proprio comentario, tinha esquecido algo